CAN Connect is part of a range of services commissioned by Norfolk County Council to reduce loneliness and isolation. Our service aims to get people closer to their communities by encouraging and supporting individuals to get out and about. We have a team of Life Connectors who provide a one-to-one support service to the clients, and depending on volunteer availability, we can also provide befriending.
We can help individuals over the age of 18 to:
- Identify and achieve their goals.
- Support with advice and coaching.
- Help find the right support if specialist help is needed.
- Find and support individuals to get involved with activities within their community.
Whilst we do our best to support as many individuals as possible, please note there is a remit to our service.
Use the list below to identify whether the person you want to refer is suitable for our service; if they fit any of the criteria, they fall outside our remit and we may not be able to progress this referral. Please contact us at email@example.com or call 01362 698216 if you want to discuss a referral.
An individual will not be suitable for our service if they:
- Have severe restricted mobility (for home bound people we may be able to offer telephone befriending, if there are volunteers available at the time of referral).
- Are currently receiving support from the crisis team.
- Are not stable or are unpredictable.
- Are exhibiting sexual violence or thoughts of sexual violence
- Are a threat to others.
- Are currently having suicidal or homicidal thoughts
- Are under the influence of drugs and alcohol but not working with support services
* CAN Connect is NOT a cleaning or caring service, nor can we provide either of those.
If you wish to proceed with your referral, please fill out the form below with as much detail as possible.