CAN Connect supports individuals over the age of 18 who are experiencing loneliness and isolation.
We can help individuals to:
- Identify and achieve their goals.
- Support with advice and coaching.
- Help find the right support if specialist help is needed.
- Find and support individuals to get involved with activities within their community.
While we do our best to support as many individuals as possible, but please note there is a remit to our service.
Use the list below to identify whether the person you want to refer is suitable for our service; if they fit any of the criteria, they fall outside our remit and we may not be able to progress this referral. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01362 698216 if you want to discuss a referral.
An individual will NOT be suitable for our service if they:
- Have severe restricted mobility (for home bound people we may be able to offer telephone befriending, if there are volunteers available at the time of referral).
- Are currently receiving support from the crisis team.
- Are not stable or are unpredictable.
- Are exhibiting sexual violence or thoughts of sexual violence
- Are a threat to others.
- Are currently having suicidal or homicidal thoughts
- Are under the influence of drugs and alcohol but not working with support services
CAN Connect is NOT a cleaning or caring service, nor can we provide either of those. If you wish to proceed with your referral, please fill out the form below with as much detail as possible.