Do you attend a group in your community and could offer someone a lift? Do you commute for work and could take someone with you to the city? Or perhaps you just have some free time and could help someone attend a Ladies lunch or a Morning Coffee; the possibilities are endless!
Lack of transport is a big driver for social isolation and loneliness. Having no means to commute or to go out and about can make it harder for many of our clients to access the groups and activities they would like to attend, which can make them lonelier and isolated, as sometimes they can go on for weeks or months without leaving their homes. This is especially true in Breckland and North Norfolk, which are highly rural areas with poor public transport.
This is where the Buddy Drivers come in! This is not a Community Transport position, meaning the role is not meant to transport our clients to their everyday commitments like doctor’s appointments or picking up prescriptions, rather, it is a buddy system to help people get closer to their communities.
The Buddy Driver is a flexible position and it is adjusted to your schedule and preferences. So, if you have a car, a clean driving licence, and a little bit of free time, don’t hesitate to get in touch! Email at email@example.com or fill out the Volunteer Form in our page.
* We reimburse 45p per mile *
- Completing a full DBS and references check – we will support you with this.
- Owning a car and having a full and clean driving licence, suitable insurance cover (most insurance companies are charity friendly – we can help verify your car use if required).
- Ensuring the vehicle you are driving is safe and legal.
- Being able to make a client feel comfortable in your car.
- Ensuring sufficient fitness to drive and informing CAN Connect about any issues that may affect your driving ability.
- Understanding and a commitment to working within the policies of CAN Connect, in particular health and safety, confidentiality, safeguarding and equality and diversity.